In earlier version of Autocad, switching between drawings required you to use Ctrl+Tab keys or switch your Ribbon to the View tab and use the Switch Windows drop-down menu. In Autocad 2014 we now have drawing file tabs.
You will find them just below the Ribbon. There are several tasks that you can perform from this area.
- Switch between open drawings
- Reorder the drawing file tabs
- Access layouts of open drawings
- Open an existing drawing
- Create a new drawing
- Close all drawings, one drawing, or all except one drawing
- Save a drawing, Saveas, and save all open drawings
- Copy the file path to the clipboard
- Open Windows Explorer at the location of the drawing
I used Ctrl+Tab but I had to keep hitting it until the drawing that I wanted was on top. I can now just go to the tab of the desired drawing and click just once to access it!
Till next time.